Sunday, September 5, 2004

Doctor My Eyes Have Seen the Years

Many, many years ago my opthamologist told me that everyone in their 40s winds up with reading glasses or bifocals. I held it off pretty well but on Saturday picked up my progressive bifocals. I am very willing because for the last few months I couldn't see when I was writing a check but *ughhhh!* the adjustment period. I'm not one to wish my life away but I can't wait for the next two weeks to go by so I'm used to them. My head is like one of those car ornaments bobbing up and down trying to find the right range. There's nothing so annoying as trying to get a really, really good look at Aaragorn and Legolas and tilting my head the wrong way so I miss them altogether. Oh, the pain! Good thing I'm Catholic so this annoyance isn't wasted ... something else to offer up!

ALSO: I can't believe I forgot to say that I have motion sickness which starts up at the drop of a hat so you can imagine just how much fun I had at the bookstore and grocery store where there is a lot of back and forth looking. I could tell it was time to go when the nausea would set in. On the plus side, I didn't buy any books and wasn't tempted with forbidden foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment