Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I Confess ... to Knowing Too Many Monty Python Routines

Our entire family went to confession last night and headed straight for where our favorite confessor was always stationed. There was no line so I popped in first.

When I came out, Rose said, "We could hear both of you laughing in there."

Father O. had said, "Ok, here's what I want you to do. This is a two step process. The first step is for you to put this issue on the back burner in your mind. Just let it sit there and don't worry about it. Then, the second step is ... wait, there are three steps to this process."

I said, "Amongst the many steps in this process ..."

And we both just broke up guffawing.

(Actually, I realized later on ... it is a four-step process ... which made the whole thing even funnier when I was telling the story.)
Peasant: I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition.

Cardinal Ximinez: Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

No comments:

Post a Comment