Wednesday, May 3, 2006

Chicago is Rose's Kinda Town

Rose's 16th birthday is next week and we all know what that means, right?

I'll put you out of your suspense. It means it's time to plan the father-daughter 16th birthday trip! Hannah chose San Francisco a couple of years ago ... just perfect for our almost hippie girl who loved tie dyed shirts at the time. She and Tom still talk fondly of the memories they made then.

Rose really didn't have any idea of where she wanted to go so I picked up a Fodor's USA guide. A few days ago she asked me to pick up a Chicago guide. The more she looked through it, the more excited she got. She has picked out every strange little museum and spot that they have for her and Tom to visit (that is her speciality by the way ... I'll never forget the doll museum in Paris ... who knew there was something like that tucked away being run by a couple of grandparents?).

More later, I'm sure but for now I'm almost jealous. Almost. (I've been to San Francisco, but not to Chicago.) I'm a grown up so I won't begrudge Tom and Rose this special time together.

But after the kids are out of school? And we have a little money again? Oh brother, is Tom gonna take me to Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment