Sunday, September 24, 2006

Oh, frabjous day! Calloo callay!

Dwight Longenecker is going to start standing things on their head in the blogosphere!

Now maybe only The Curt Jester (his other biggest fan, read why he's excited to see this blog beginning) and I see this as a cause for celebration because Longenecker isn't nearly well known enough for his wonderful books, which all are good at helping us see by standing things on their head.

I only have reviewed (and that briefly) Adventures in Orthodoxy. However, I also really loved St. Benedict & St. Therese: The Little Rule and the Little Way which I still use as inspiration for adhering to discipline in my personal life (too bad about all the backsliding but that's for another post), and More Christianity, which pushes the envelope on Mere Christianity by showing why Catholicism is wonderful.

Haven't read them? What are you waiting for?

As a bonus to see why I am such a fan, here's a link to an excerpt I posted back in the olden days when I had just begun blogging myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment