Sunday, October 1, 2006

Pro-LIfe Blogburst: The Living Sign from God

If I had written the greatest book, composed the greatest symphony, painted the most beautiful painting or carved the most exquisite figure, I could not have felt more the exalted creator than I did when they placed my child in my arms. To think that this thing of beauty, sighing gently in my arms, reaching her little mouth for my breast, clutching at me with her tiny beautiful hands, had come from my flesh was my own child! Such a great feeling of happiness and joy filled me that I was hungry for Someone to thank, to love, even to worship, for so great a good that had been bestowed upon me. [Dorothy Day]
Every child is a "sacrament" -- a living sign that the creator of the universe entered the world by way of a human mother, that he called us to be "born from above" in baptism and to enter his kingdom as his little children.
Catholic Passion by David Scott
Dorothy Day had an abortion earlier in her life and it was a great source of sorrow for the rest of her life, to the point where she could barely bring herself to refer to it. Surely that contributed all the more to her realization of the wonder and joy that her daughter brought ... and her link through creation to God Himself.

Sadly this is a reality that all too few mothers realize before they make that fatal decision for so many other reasons to end their child's life through abortion. We must pray for these mothers and fathers and children who are at risk, those who have made the fatally bad decision to kill their children, and those who willingly participate in this murder. They all have been lied to by and mislead by the Father of Lies. May God have mercy on us and bless them.

The Pro-Life Blogburst is thanks to Big Blue Wave as support for LifeChain, an hour-long prayerful protest denouncing abortion in the United States and Canada. Check there for other pro-life posts or to join in the blogburst yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment