Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Haul

Let me just start with the fact that I loved each and every gift I received. But here are a few of the coolest ...

We were given a 3-month Netflix subscription and should have our first three movies by today or tomorrow. We begin with a nicely eclectic mixture of Superman Returns (Rose's choice), Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (Hannah's choice), and I Have Seen It (my choice, an Indian Bollywood-ish version of Sense and Sensibility). These will go far toward making our regular New Year's Eve movie and game fest interesting.

The download of John Cleese reading The Screwtape Letters. I haven't had a chance to listen to much yet but Cleese so far is sardonically perfect in his delivery.

This collection, Sugar Hill Records: A Retrospective, was given to Tom. Lucky us because it features an impressive range of artists. If you like bluegrass at all, consider getting this collection.

We also got some great dvds ... Love Actually, Rio Bravo, Monsoon Wedding, The Simpsons - The Complete Ninth Season, and Monty Python's Flying Circus: Set 2, Episodes 7-13.

Yep. Good times ...

No comments:

Post a Comment