Thursday, February 15, 2007

"Reading" on the Road

Addison asks:
.... on a personal note, i am looking for some books on tape/CD/Ipod for all of my long car rides with no one but St. Chris to talk to (and we do get to talking) but i rarely find anything other than mysteries, grisham, king, clancey. I really want to find something worthwhile to "read" any recomendations?
Check out my sidebar in the Blogroll under "Tell Me a Story" for lots of free options.

Specifically I'd recommend Librivox for everything from Dickens to Twain to Kipling ... and more.

Also check Podiobooks. Try Seventh Son (book 1), Earthcore, or Shadow Magic for books that I've enjoyed. Although those are more along the lines of the popular books you mentioned.

Not a book, but thoroughly enjoyable is the Black Jack Justice series from Decoder Ring Theater. I don't care for the Red Panda episodes but Black Jack Justice is a "noir-style" production that is really humorous. Rose even listens ... so give it a try.

And, have a good trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment