Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Big Question of the Day ... What Are You Giving Up for Lent?

I'll go first ... I'm severely cutting back on podcast listening. I vow to daily load on a single hour each of nonfiction and fiction podcasts onto my iPod. And not to replenish when they are gone ... until the next day.

Ooooo, you wouldn't think this would be a penitential act, but I'm tellin' ya ... it will be. Just to reinforce that, when we were talking at dinner last night about what we were giving up, my husband was nodding his head more and more emphatically the whole time I was talking. That's when you know you're doing the right thing.

Adding on ... praying the liturgy of the hours, in the morning, at noon, and the evening anyway. I did this long, long ago and don't know why I drifted away as I found it beneficial in so many ways. Beginning with that regular touching base with God, of course. So this is my chance to get back into it.

Today, I'm celebrating Fat Tuesday by listening to podcasts and cleaning out my iPod (similar to the pancake feast to clean out the dairy from your pantry, but on an audio basis).

No comments:

Post a Comment