Thursday, March 27, 2008

When Some People Would Reach for the Bottle ...

I, on the other hand, head straight to the bookstore. (I may have mentioned this before...). I have noticed this for a while, beginning with when Tom had a series of back surgeries many years ago when the girls were tiny. I came out of that with several large, expensive cookbooks that I really had no interest in after the strain of the situation was over.

This tendency made itself very obvious yesterday when some family stuff came up and I felt under a certain amount of stress. I had to literally fight myself out of driving straight to a bookstore. Sometimes I can get away with just walking around looking at books and not find anything to buy. I have a feeling that I'd have been buying something whether I liked it or not yesterday ... heck, in a real emergency, I can even make do with Target's book area.

As a tipple goes, that's not too bad I suppose. But if you have a lot of stress in your life, you can spend a lot of money and wind up with some terrible books!

No comments:

Post a Comment