Monday, June 16, 2008

A Convert's Story

... Before we begin, you should know I don’t believe in faith. I take nothing on faith. Nothing. Things must make sense in order for me to believe. Logical sense. My mind is stubborn that way and because of my stubbornly logical mind I was the oldest Catholic that Easter morning to have his head rubbed with oil. However, that same stubbornly logical mind makes it impossible for me to be an atheist. ...
Dirty Harry is taking us through his conversion in a multi-part story. I found this, as with so many good things, via The Anchoress.

I have to say that I didn't realize I'd already been reading Harry's writing over at Libertas where I enjoy their take on movies and Hollywood. (They say what I'm thinking a lot of the time.) I like that tough-minded take on faith and am really looking forward to the other parts of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment