Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I Just Called to Say I Love You: to the Beyond Cana Core Team

We had our monthly meeting last night of the couples that put on the Beyond Cana retreat for our parish.

I continue to be enlightened and inspired by these wonderful couples. More importantly once the cheesecake and coffee (and beer ... it's so good to be Catholic, y'all!) is gone, I have usually learned something that I can apply to my marriage. The topic last night was change and how it pulls couples closer together and closer to God. From one woman's sharing of her father-in-law's wisdom passed down before her marriage, to a husband's telling of how a big trial cemented their marriage, to another woman's realization that Jesus has us by the hand if we will simply relax and stop fighting him ... these are the things that I think about and that Tom and I discuss for days (and weeks sometimes) afterward.

As well as much more, of course.

These are such important reminders to Tom and me that we are not alone in seeing marriage as a great good that is worth the fight despite the occasional ups and downs we encounter. Beyond Cana continues to be such a blessing to us.

Thank you so much, y'all! For helping us to shape our marriage in the Truth, even as we minister to other couples by presenting the retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment