Monday, September 1, 2008

Daybook for Labor Day 2008

I am wondering... about a new project that has occurred to me. Just mulling it over at the moment. Letting it marinate. (Because I need more things to do, right? ha!)

I am thankful for... this long weekend in which to recover from all the traveling last week.

From the kitchen... yesterday I made Potato Rolls and a Turkey Stew from Piedmont and today will be trying out a recipe for Creamy Horseradish Potato Salad. Somehow I am a cooking fiend lately.

I am creating... a new podcast for this week.

I am reading... The Duchess Who Wouldn't Sit Down: An Informal History of Hospitality ... a backwards trip through history via different characters who the author uses to illustrate his points about how hospitality illustrates our relationships to each other. Very interesting. For instance, I never thought of how Hitler entertained during the weekend ...

I am hoping... to be very productive next week. Also, to talk to Hannah today. Can you believe they have school today at A&M? Taking Labor Day off is for sissies, evidently. So I'm trying to gauge when she'll be out of class...

I am hearing... the sound of silence. And it's a beautiful thing.

One of my favorite things... is having this long, lazy day off of work.

Blog Stories I'm Saving to Read Later
The "read more" link takes you to a spot where these stories and more are collected. Clicking through on each headline takes you to the story on each individual blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment