Friday, December 12, 2008

Rest in Peace, Cardinal Dulles

We have received news from the New York Province of the Society of Jesus of the death of Avery Cardinal Dulles, SJ, the dean of American theologians, and the first American Jesuit named a cardinal, has died this morning at the Jesuit infirmary at Fordham University.

RIP.
I received this email from Father James Martin just now. My first reaction ... "Oh no!" I had no idea of Cardinal Dulles' age or state of health. Looking at the photo in the linked article, I see that he is older than I imagined him from reading his excellent writing. He shall be greatly missed and I pray that his time in Purgatory is short and he is soon enjoying the Beatific Vision (a.k.a. Heaven).

Update: More personal reflections can be found on their blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment