Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Will Never Watch the Terribleness That is "The Room"

However, that does not mean I do not appreciate the reason this very, very, very bad movie has gained cult status. My friend Chris discovered the movie as The Cartoon Network ran it for their April Fools' joke ... he sent a clip and a link to an Amazon review that is in itself a tour-de-force in its tribute to The Room's amazingly good badness.

Purely glorious in just how terrible it is ... I present The Room.

The Clip

Which contains spoilers I'm told, but what do I care?




The Review
I have now seen Mr. Tommy Wiseau's cinematic tour-de-force, `The Room' three times. With each viewing, `The Room' becomes more complexly entangled in and inseparable from my own life. I no longer know where The Room ends and I begin.

It is, without question, the worst film ever made. Including movies made on beta max video cameras in special education high school classes. But this comment is in no way meant to be discouraging. Because while The Room is the worst movie ever made it is also the greatest way to spend a blisteringly fast 100 minutes in the dark. Simply put, `The Room' will change your life.

It's not just the dreadful acting or the sub-normal screenplay or the bewildering direction or the musical score so soaked in melodrama that you will throw up on yourself or the lunatic-making cinematography; no, there is something so magically wrong with this movie that it can only be the product of divine intervention. If you took the greatest filmmakers in history and gave them all the task of purposefully creating a film as spectacularly horrible as this not one of them, with all their knowledge and skill, could make anything that could even be considered as a contender. Not one line or scene would rival any moment in The Room. ...
Read it all here.

No comments:

Post a Comment