Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Good, Informative Source for Influenza and Swine Flu Info

I'm a fan of The House Call Doctor from the Quick and Dirty Tips podcast network.

He did two very informative episodes about the flu which you can either listen to or read. Here are the links:
Hannah and Rose ... if your schools offer swine flu shots at any time, take them up on it. That flu affects people in their 20s much more than the average flu.

Me? I've been getting flu shots regularly ever since Hannah began daycare (yes, that long ago) and Tom and I endured a winter of complete torture suffering from one horrible illness after another. Our doctor recommended flu shots and we've never looked back. I'm going in to get mine next week (which is for the regular flu ... thanks to Terri for reminding me to mention that ... news reports say that the swine flu shots are still being tested, with recent determinations that adults will only need one shot.).

No comments:

Post a Comment