Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"The Boxer ... the eye doctor's best friend."

So said Dr. Newman as he examined the scratched lenses on my eyeglasses this morning when I explained that our year-old Boxer, Zoe, had inexplicably taken my glasses one night out to the back yard.

His immediate response, "Boxers love glasses. I don't know why but they really do."

Independent verification came from a nurse later on who confirmed that they get many a person whose glasses were more mangled than mine.

We put it down to a mechanical bent. After all Boxers are of German extraction ... and Zoe also loves wrenches, screwdrivers, in short anything metallic and mechanical. It all winds up in the back yard if the unwary leave them within reach.

On a Side Note
I must add that there is nothing like the relief of feeling one's eyes begin to have proper dilation again after 3 or 4 hours of blurry vision and headache. Ahhh ...

No comments:

Post a Comment