Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Should your man smell like an Old Spice man?








Lord, have mercy, yes!

We saw this commercial in the theater before Inception. Rarely have I laughed so hard or been so appreciative of an ad.

I haven't watched all of them yet, but was reminded of this one when at Scripture study our priest mentioned advertisements that make you want to be one of the beautiful people. Gee, I wonder why this one came to mind? :-D

I will be perusing more at their "awesome smelling website." Yes, they suddenly got a sense of humor.

4 comments:

  1. Did you see the two days where they took over the internet, having the Old Spice Guy send personal responses? If not, check out their YouTube channel RIGHT NOW!! The response to George Stepanopolous is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost missed this huge cultural phenomenon. I was reading an entertainment weekly and there was an item about the Old Spice Guy getting a tv series contract. At first I thought that the Old Spice Guy was a SNL skit. I thought the same thing about Yo Gabba Gabba when I read something about that a few years ago in EW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old Spice is going to have to work really hard to overcome my image of their aftershave as being what my dad wore. I don't want my husband to smell like my dad, if you know what I mean and I think you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joi, I have to look for those.

    CF, yes I know just what you mean. Though my dad never wore aftershave ... and come to think of it, neither does my husband. :-)

    ReplyDelete