Saturday, May 7, 2011

You have to watch "A Fistful of Paintballs"

Which takes Community's crazy good paintball episode from last season spoofing the thriller/action movie and moves it to the Western genre.

A two-parter featuring Josh Holloway (Sawyer from Lost) as The Black Rider in part 1 and I hear we'll see Nathan Fillion (Firefly, natch) in a cameo in part 2.

The previews for part 2 were brilliant.


It's available online.

Let's face it, you should be watching Community anyway. We only stumbled across it with the brilliant Halloween episode. However, having recently finished watching the first season dvds, I have to say that this show, although spotty in brilliance from episode to episode, always has something brilliant in each show. (Generally involving Troy and Abed, but I've got a soft spot for geek bro-mance.)

Note: on rereading this, I'm not sure I said "brilliant" enough. Just to be sure you get the point.

B. R. I. L. L. I. A. N. T.

Update
Also, in checking the Hulu feed for someone, I realized the brilliance (yes, still more!) of having the cards beside each person in the credits ... and how they tie in to the end of the episode. It took me seeing the credits again to get that.

4 comments:

  1. Holy frack! that was a good episode, though the first one will always hold a special place in my heart due to the running Warriors parody.
    I'm surprised to hear you are jumping on the Community bandwagon so late, knowing your penchant for spotting TV frontrunners early in the game, but I'm glad you're on it now. By far the best currently running comedy on television.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this show. There's nothing I don't love about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was led astray by a usually trust-worthy source who told us early on that it was terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, LOVE Community! I started watching it from the beginning because I worked at a community college library, but stayed because it's awesome. I wish we could have had a paintball fight once or twice as well.

    ReplyDelete