Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Finally ... Someone Who Liked Cowboys and Aliens

OK, here's the deal. When you're talking about a movie called “Cowboys and Aliens,” you'll do well not to overthink it.

I'm glad I hadn't read some of the reviews I've read today, before I went to see the film last night. Because I had a great time. I don't think I've sat in a theater seat and enjoyed myself so much since I saw “Taken.” When you're talking summer movies, it doesn't get much better than this, if you're asking me.
Lars Walker, my hero. Which must say something about how influenced I am by the critics' comments, in that I need someone's enjoyment to watch it.

On the other hand, movies ain't cheap these days.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I've sat in a theater seat and enjoyed myself so much since I saw “Taken.”

    Isn't this like saying "I haven't tasted slop like this since that time I was chewing on horse apples!"

    If he hasn't found a film to enjoy since that heap of crap what the heck is he watching? Taken? Seriously?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know you're still out there ... I thought the right bait would bring you dashing furiously out of your lair! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw it with my 27 and 25 year old. Did not regret spending the money, fun. But it cannot stand up to being analysed so disengage brain. DJ

    ReplyDelete