Thursday, September 8, 2011

Snapshot: Gentle Leader Headcollars


Oh my goodness, I wish we'd have been using Gentle Leaders before now. It would have saved so much wear and tear on my arm and our Boxers' necks as we struggled vainly to get them to stop lunging, heel, and not yank us off our feet every time a squirrel ran by. The Gentle Leader really does make them behave. Even when Wash lunged after a jogging woman the other morning, his lunges were so consciously gentle that tugging him back was almost effortless.

This isn't our Boxer, but you can see how it fits easily around the nose. This photo doesn't show it but they can pant, drink, carry a ball (or in our dogs' cases, sticks).

Simply amazing.

3 comments:

  1. Mary Beth Sancomb-Moran9/8/11, 12:09 PM

    These things are magical. We have a number of large dogs, and they make walking them a dream instead of a struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh. It looks like he is saying "I can't believe you put this on me."

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dog is older and doesn't need something like that, but I will look into it for my next pup.

    ReplyDelete