Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What I'm Reading: The Firm

The FirmIn a conversation about movies recently, people were lauding The Firm which I'd never seen. (extreme shock and wonder at such a hole in my movie viewing, though I redeemed myself by expressing my love of Runaway Jury, also originally a John Grisham novel)

That was when I realized I'd never read a John Grisham novel.

"Why ever not?" I was asked. It just never occurred to me to pick one up. I guess I just don't move in the circles where people read or talk about Grisham novels.

Hard upon the heels of that conversation came a featured interview with Grisham in the Wall Street Journal's weekend book section. I don't know much about Grisham but I fell in love with his wife solely based on the comments she gives him on his books.

"What the heck," I thought. "Why not try one?" I'm a Scott Brick fan, so when I saw the library had the audio version that was what I requested.

And here I am, with one CD down and 13 to go. So far, so good. The hook is baited with lots and lots of money and Mitch McDeere is getting ready to bite on a deal that sounds way too good to be true. In fact, I'm positive it is too good to be true because otherwise it's going to be a very boring book.

I've got my seat belt on and am hoping for an entertaining ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment